Patterns

This is an example of ditsy design which is an all over design of mini elements that are simple and eccentrically silly and can be funny. I liked the daisies because while it could be argued to be a floral pattern, the inclusion of the butterfly and the daisies aren't the same size and some have stems, changes it from strictly floral.



I really liked the documentary design patterns. It's basically because the patter is just a scene repeating itself over and over, sometimes seamlessly. to make it seem endless.

I liked the trellis design because I liked the shapes it created along with the mini shapes between the squares as they overlap with one another.

The scale pattern is pretty cool because it does look like scales, even though it's just overlapping arches. But this pattern in particular gives me a 1960's vibe and also to me is pretty girly as I can see this being shown to mostly women audiences.
I liked the Roman stripes because I do like stripes and then it's stripes of bright vibrant colors. What's interesting about these stripes in particular is that when people use them, they do quilts like the one above with the diagonals instead of the regular vertical or horizontal ways and they don't fill each square either.
The Palmette design reminds me of late aristocratic France and the Rococo movement, eventhough it is older than that being in ancient Egyptian and Greek art.

Lastly is the Fleur-de-lis pattern. I like it because it can represent anything. It symbolizes purity. But also can be religious, political, and artistic, especially in France. 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment