Artist Statement



    Label Information: Kharrington DeBose, Leaves of Brush Creek, Digital Photo Editing

    Artist Statement:

    I explored Brush Creek early November and started in the middle of the Plaza and then worked my way to Brush Creek Parkway and then all the way to the Paseo. My constant parameters were that for every three trees I'd pick up at least three leaves. This parameter got tricky once we got to an area where the trees were not by the creek and there weren't any leaves around to pick up or the places where there were a lot of trees and so many leaves I got confused. With the leaves I marked a number on them with white nail polish and then photographed them. After that I transferred the files to Photoshop where I cut them out of the white background and then placed them in numerical order. To make them all equal, I got rid of their details and color blocked their shapes.
    Label Information: Kharrington DeBose, Leaves of Brush Creek, Digital Film
    Artist Statement:
    On November 24th and December 1st, I went back to Brush Creek to film where I found the leaves on my map. My parameters remained the same as I just filmed where I marked on the map. After that, I took the footage and placed it behind the leaves for about a second and a half and added sounds of nature in the background. It's interesting to see the visual changes between the leaves and the different reaches.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment