Love Creates Horror


Stephen King came out with a new sequel to his renown book The Shining a week ago. He's nervous about its reviews, as he should be. It's harder now to really scare readers and do it well. It's been done so much before. A good thriller/horror is hard to come by but that doesn't mean that it is unable to be done.

When I first read a book, I want to have a connection with the characters. Even if it's a minor character, I need to care about someone. If something bad happens to that character I'll take it personally. I know it's a book, but it hits me deep in a special place in my heart. A place for loved characters.

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. You have really good ideas but no evidence to support them. Consider giving your reader some specific examples. Persona anecdotes...to help tell the story.

    ReplyDelete