Convergence of Art, Music, and Dance

As a video student, I sort of had an understanding before hand on how music and film mixed together. Music adds texture to make the audience feel more invested with the story, which is why some people can't get into silent movies because most of the time what we see now are old movies with vintage happy music with it. I did learn new music words however, though it felt a bit at times that the music section and the art section didn't match up and were jammed into the presentation so UMKC students wouldn't get bored.

The dance section was interesting because it was mostly interpretive and a lot was going on. I could barely focus on one dance section without feeling like I was ignoring another part. It was interesting to learn that the cubism movement helped with opening dance up. I knew some of the dance words from my three years of ballet when I was fiveish. The dance moves/stretch was really nice and timed well because I thought I was going to fall asleep during the art section, but I couldn't do that since I was in the front and next to the CEO of the Nelson.

Overall, I learned how people taking risks in art helped others take that jump as well and change the norm and making the audience think about getting away from the traditional portraits and landscapes of the realism and mimic our reality.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment