Liberal Arts Symposium

Friday's symposium focused on the liberal art majors: Creative Writing and Art History. For me, I wasn't really all that interested. These aren't major majors. They are minors or you could double major, but you have to submit a letter of intent to the program to even be considered. That was a surprise for me, but at least I learned something.

For the Creative Writing part, they had a teacher who teaches poetry. It was interesting the way he spoke of form and content and how they relate to each other. However, it had the same vibe as the painting symposium the week before and sort of bored me. But poetry and I never really clicked like that. I wish they had more than just him speak for the Creative Writing. He focused more on what they do in the department instead of the real world in a sense, trying to expand on form and content and words and colors.

The Art History part seemed interesting since history is interesting, to a point. They showed us appropriated pictures from now and explained the impact of the original photo and how art history has changed us. For me, I just can't tell when an art work is 'shocking' and changes everything the way artists explain it.

I hope the symposiums in the coming weeks are more entertaining in a sense and aren't 'elevated' in speech and make me sleepier than I began.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment