Painting Symposium

I can't wrap my mind around painting nowadays. To me, painting is putting something on a canvas. But from Friday, I realize it is not something I really want to get into. Painting from what I gathered is just making people think and go beyond that canvas and whatever kind of paint (if you're using that) to shock people. It felt too elated for me and had that faux artistic vibe. I felt like it was when Whole Foods sold asparagus water when it was just asparagus in water. Or when Kanye West sold a plain white tee shirt for a lot of money.

When I explained this to my friends who go to KU, they basically reasoned a painting major into a Psych Major. Everyone has one, but not everyone uses them. Being that in painting, you can use other mediums (animation, sculpture, printmaking, etc) and still be called a painter somehow without ever doing the traditional painting. It's so strange.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment