Sculpture Symposium

The sculpture symposium was not as engaging as the previous symposiums in the last few weeks, though I believe that for people who want to go into the department, it helped get them excited for it. For me, it was sort of boring. I'm not really into sculpture so it was interesting in parts, but sometimes had the painting symposium vibe.

Also, at times, it felt that they were there to just put sculpture above all other departments. It was probably the opening statement of 'what do they hand Adele when she wins a Grammy?' and how they hand her the Grammy award sculpture 'not a CD, DVD, a painting.' I understand that sculpture is more than just what we see in museums and in history with the Venus de Milo and such, but that was sort of out of line to me.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment